It’s simple. Komen Pittsburgh is fighting breast cancer. How?
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating individuals about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen Pittsburgh is the local source for funding programs that provide breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our 34 county service area.
We empower the residents in our service area with information about the importance of early detection and breast health. We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 1993 Komen Pittsburgh has raised over $33.5 million with over $18.5 million in local programs and $16 million in national research grants.
Komen Pittsburgh is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we’re also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating the residents in our service area about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease.
Join Komen Pittsburgh in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time or resources or host a fundraiser in our 34 county service area. You can know your normal and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today. We’re here to partner with you.
We’re always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.